We are interested in various types of projects:
- High-risk, early-stage projects (starting from seed stage) with an exclusive technology and a potential for exponential growth
- Medium-risk projects at a later stage and/or with a shorter life cycle, including venture- or strategic-backed companies and companies at an advanced regulatory clearance stage
- Lower risk projects, including those already on the market or at a commercial launch stage
Our investment strategy aims to create a diversified investment portfolio across global markets:
- We focus on proprietary platforms and asset-centric deals & emerging tech in life sciences.
- A key element is the added value our team can bring to a portfolio company. By leveraging our experience and network, we are able to offer companies continued support and insights to ensure rapid growth and a successful exit.
- We welcome co-investments with reputable venture firms, and are able to bring additional investors to deals that we like.
- For those companies where it makes sense to pursue R&D efforts and/or clinical trials in Russia, we can offer additional non-dilutive funding opportunities without compromising IP integrity or exit valuation.
- For companies viewing the Russian market as important from the sales perspective, RBV Capital may offer access to local expertise as well as licensing and partnering opportunities.
We apply the following general selection criteria:
- The company is privately-held
- The project is a cutting edge scientific and/or technological solution implemented at a globally competitive level; or a solution aimed at displacing incumbents in an already established market segment
- The team consists of experienced scientists supported by business management and medical experts
- The potential market is large and/or rapidly growing
- Intellectual property is well-protected, or there is hard-to-obtain know-how involved
- The company’s funding round is sufficient to bring it to a liquidity event or to the next value inflection point
We value proactive companies actively seeking investment:
We will be looking for the following information to assess an opportunity:
- Idea and product
- Targeted unmet need and markets
- Key advantages compared to standard of care and emerging competitors in target indications
- Preclinical and clinical data, publications
- IP protection status
- Scientific, medical and management team
- Project development and funding plan, ideally shown in a Gantt chart